Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Progress

I finished my grandmother's River, and it may not have any flaws. I can't find any yet. All that's left to do is blocking - I'm hoping for fine weather and a patient Trouser on Saturday morning so I can use our bed as my blocking "station". If it's big enough, otherwise I guess I'll resort to several towels pinned together.

What this means is that I'm back to Martha again: last night I knat* a grand total of 21 rows on the back. It took me awhile to get back into the pattern, but I'm pleased with my efforts. I really hope my tension is similar to what it was previously - though with judicious blocking I guess you may not notice.

Martha is officially my only project on the needles at present, so I'm hopeful of some quick progress. The sooner I get it done, the sooner I can block it, sew it up, ans see if it looks completely mad over my wedding dress, in a kind of "it's late at the reception and I'm finally a bit cold, but I've made something beautiful that goes with my dress, not for this specific purpose at all, but I have such beautiful clothes that they look great together" kind of way.

Ambitious much? Not me. The good bit is that if it does look naff, and I need to knit something specifically to wear over my dress, I will have time. Maybe.

*Knat - the past tense of the verb "to knit". As in, "I knat and I knat and I finally made some progress. Catchy, no?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home