Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The queue!

Right, first up is Sizzle, which was my nomination for the Sexy Knittters Club knitalong and was chosen to be one of the two projects for this knitalong! Hurrah!

I have ordered some Debbie Bliss Cathay, which has a similar cotton/silk fibre content to the recommended yarn but costs way less. Let's hope the sub works. It's in a very vibrant mid-blue colour which I love. I can't imagine Sizzle in a dull colour! I have to get new needles for this I think, as I rather stupidly lost one of my size 5 Denise needle tips. My knitting group meets at a very dark cafe and I think I lost it then...

Next up (I must be crazy) is Martha, from Rowan 37. The beaded version. I'm doing it in Rowan 4ply cotton, the recommended yarn, in the shade "cooking apple". It's a light, slightly muted green and I love it. So last season's colour I know, but it suits me! I say I must be crazy because it's knit on tiny needles! And did I mention the beads? I expect it to take quite a while...

Many many thanks must go to my favourite Ebay seller, Jannette's Rare Yarns!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home