Monday, October 09, 2006

On your marks, get set...

I feel guilty as hell about not having started on Martha yet, but the time has arrived.

Last Friday afternoon I drove across town - twice - to get the requisite cotton yarn, and beads that I sincerely hope will fit. I do have some green beads left over from my last beaded cardi, but I like the new beads better for this project.

- And just quietly, over 1,000 beads? Really? Are we sure that isn't a typo? -

I've chosen a lovely pale, pale green cotton and pearly white beads. The cotton is deceptive - it looks washed out as a ball, but is much prettier once it's knit. I'll post a pic once The Trouser takes one for me (my very amateurish photography really must be avoided as much as possible!).

Over the weekend I toiled on my outstanding WIP, a Forecast for my mother. Last night I did the final bit of sewing required (I really must try knitting sleeves in the round, I'm sure it would make me happier once I got the hang of it), thoroughly wet and blocked it.

So that's it - the decks are cleared for Martha! I may even cast on... okay, load a bunch of beads on... tonight!

1 Comments:

Blogger Eatsruns said...

yay, at least one of us is updating this! I too have started Martha. I'm using pretty small beads but they fit on the cotton just fine.

And yes - over 1000. I threaded about 300 onto my first ball of yarn, and I'm terrified I'm going to run out! I think I'm going to have to unwind the ball and thread them on from the other end.

And knitting sleeves in the round is great - I've done it on 2 circular needles and loved it.

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home